Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Emerging and aspiring Rapper Prota






Get in the studio. Make a mix tape. Flood the market and pray for

reign. In this unpredictable industry climate, one artist is just as
unpredictable.

Prota, born Dwayne Knightner, Jr., takes the stage show to levels not normally seen by the average hip-hop crowd. Cooking up an eclectic mix of hip-hop, pop, and electronic music, the South Bronx emcee is ready to turn the scene on its ear. Born in Adak, Alaska to military parents, he has a swagger that can't be easily understood by most hip-hop fans. However, his smooth flow, aggressive delivery, and intelligent lyrical content has earned him both a great deal of respect not only in the streets, but in the music industry as well. What started as battling his peers in the cafeteria in Cardinal Hayes
High School, and on the streets of his South Bronx hometown, has become a budding career in music.
"I was deep in the battling thing, whether for money or for pride, I just knew I had too much to say. I had to rap, naturally. Then my mom bought me a small studio setup, and I recorded homemade mixtapes, down to my own cover art, and passed them out in my neighborhood, until everyone knew my name, and ultimately I won their respect. After that, its just been a blur." "My parents, or most of my family, for that matter, don't work or even have interest in music. I'm not a thug, or any type of hood guy, but I'm from the hood. My music reflects all sides of the spectrum, from the beautiful to the ugly. I make music to live to. I don't want to be the guy that gets called out for rapping about guns he didn't shoot, or drugs he didn't sell. I want everyone to be able to agree or disagree with MY point of view. I believe that music is subjective and should make people dance and think as well."Prota, which is the ancient Greek prefix for "the first, the hero, or the new" is truly multi-faceted. he possesses the versatility to not only make popular music, but also alternative music. His influences include A Tribe Called Quest, Daft Punk, Kanye West, Busta Rhymes, and also indie groups Empire Of The Sun, MGMT, and Vampire Weekend. "I'm the kid that stayed in his room and stretched his imagination to its limits. I've had my share of hard times, which I think adds soul to my music, but I make my music, inspired by music itself." Be on the look out for more material, leading up to an EP released through his own Lifestyle Brand and internet blog, "High+Depth", called "Thank You For (Not) Hating: An American Love Story". "High+Depth is like this. You are only as high as your depth. Meaning you can only achieve what you truly believe you can. if I can do it, so can everyone else out there. All you have to do is want it, and believe you can have it. High self esteem adds to the depth of your character. Grind to shine."

For Prota and other High+Depth music, visit
http://soundcloud.com/high-depth, or http://the1080p.com

"For Tha Hood" Music Video
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RgvZlmv_r2E&hl=en&gl=CA&client=mv-google

(For more music, please email me @ high.depth166@gmail.com)



LOVE LIVE STYLE

DBROWN

No comments: